How to Apply Window Weather Strip
Amp up your window's functionality by applying a window weather strip. The changing seasons make our HVAC systems work harder and our energy bills might experience a shock if we don't do something to prevent heat and cold from creeping through drafty windows. The best part about applying weather strip is that it's very easy to use and the product can be found at many local home hardware stores.
Fixhome has the installation team for your windows and window weather strip, so your home is ready for the elements. Renovating and upgrading your home is the perfect time to invest in these small but effective details.
- Purchase weather strips. They are usually rolled up with an adhesive covering the back
- Open the window as far as it will go
- Wipe the inside of the window track to get rid of dust and dirt so adhesive will go on seamlessly
- Measure the length of where you want to place the weather strip
- Peel off the adhesive backing but leave about an inch at the top
- Place in window frame along the side and bottom
- Close the window and peel off the last inch of the weather stripping and stick it
- Repeat for the other sides and top of your window
You'll be able to retain heat and cool air within your home without overworking your home HVAC system. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.